CHAPTERS 1 TO 5
"By the word of YEHVAH were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth...For He spoke, and it was; He commanded, and it was established."
(Psalm 33:6, 9)
"...I am YEHVAH that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by Myself"
"Blessed be YEHVAH Elohiym, The Mighty One of Yisrael, Who alone doeth wondrous things"
"O YEHVAH our ADONAY how glorious is Thy name in all the Land [of Yisrael]! Whose Majesty is committed unto the heavenly beings"
1. Bereshiyt (In beginning), Elohiym (He) created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 2:4).
2. But the earth became without form and void [Yeremiah 4:23], and darkness [Isaiah 60:2. Jude 1:13. Revelation 18:2] [came] out of the mouth of the Abyss [Isaiah 57:20. Matthew 12:34. Jude 1:13. Revelation 9:2,11. 17:8. 18:2]. And the spirit of Elohiym hovered over the mouth of the [filthy] waters (Isaiah 57:20. Jude 1:8. Revelation 22:11).
3. And Elohiym said: 'Let there be light.' And there was light [Psalm 97:11. Isaiah 9:1. 60:1. John 9:5].
4. And Elohiym saw the light [Isaiah 60:1. John 9:5], that it was good: and Elohiym separated the light [Genesis 1:3. Isaiah 60:1] from the darkness [Genesis 1:2. Isaiah 60:2].
5. And Elohiym called light 'Life' [Proverbs 8:35. Mattityahu 7:14. 1 John 1:1,2], and darkness [Zechariah 5:8. Revelation 18:2] He called 'Twister away of the light' [Isaiah 21:11,12. Mattityahu 13:19. Jude 1:4,13. Revelation 2:2,24. 22:19]. And there was evening and there was morning, day one.
6. And Elohiym said: 'Let there be a [spiritual] firmament [Psalm 150:1. Ezekiel 1:25] in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters [Psalm 29:3. 148:4. Isaiah 55:1. Revelation 7:17] from the waters [Genesis 1:2. Isaiah 57:20. Yeremiah 6:7. Matthew 12:34. Revelation 2:2, 24. 8:11].'
7. And Elohiym made the firmament, and separated the waters [Genesis 1:2. Isaiah 57:20. Yeremiah 6:7. Matthew 12:34. Revelation 2:2, 24. 8:11] which were under the firmament; from the waters [Psalm 29:3. 148:4. Isaiah 55:1. Revelation 7:17] which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8. And Elohiym called the [spiritual] firmament 'Heaven'. And there was evening and there was morning, day two.
9. And Elohiym said: 'Let the [physical] waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear.' And it was so.
10. And Elohiym called the dry land 'Earth'; and the gathering together of the waters He called 'Seas': and Elohiym saw that it was good.
11. And Elohiym said: 'Let the Earth put forth grass, herb yielding seed, and fruit-tree bearing fruit after its kind, wherein is the seed thereof, upon the Earth.' And it was so.
12. And the Earth brought forth grass, herb yielding seed after its kind, and tree bearing fruit, wherein is the seed thereof, after its kind: and Elohiym saw that it was good.
13. And there was evening and there was morning, day three.
14. And Elohiym said: 'Let there be lights in the [physical] firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15. and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth.' And it was so.
16. And Elohiym made the two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; and the stars.
17. And Elohiym set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth,
18. and to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness: and Elohiym saw that it was good.
19. And there was evening and there was morning, day four.
20. And Elohiym said: 'Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let fowl fly above the Earth (Genesis 1:10) in the open firmament of the heavens.'
21. And Elohiym created the great sea-monsters, and every living creature that creepeth, wherewith the waters swarmed, after its kind, and every winged fowl after its kind: and Elohiym saw that it was good.
22. And Elohiym blessed them, saying: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the Earth.'
23. And there was evening and there was morning, day five.
24. And Elohiym said: 'Let the Earth bring forth the living creature after its kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after its kind,' And it was so.
25. And Elohiym made the beast of the Earth after its kind, and the cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the ground after its kind: and Elohiym saw that it was good.
26. And [Majestic 'Let Us...Our'. See Psalm 8:1 above] Elohiym (He) purposed: 'Let Us make mankind [Psalm 89:48 (47)] in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the Earth (Genesis 1:10), and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the Earth'.
27. And Elohiym (He) created mankind [Psalm 89:48 (47)] in His own image; in the image of Elohiym He created it; male and female He created them.
28. And Elohiym blessed them; and Elohiym said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the Earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that creepeth upon the Earth.'
29. And Elohiym said: 'Behold, I have given ye every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the Earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed--to ye it shall be for food;
30. and to every beast of the Earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the Earth, wherein there is life, [I have given] every green herb for food'. And it was so.
31. And Elohiym saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
1. And the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1) were completed, and all the host of them.
2. And on the seventh day Elohiym had completed His work which He did; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He did.
3. And Elohiym blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it: because that in it He rested from all His work which Elohiym chose to do.
4. Those the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created (Genesis 1:1). In the time that YEHVAH Elohiym made Earth [Genesis 1:10] and Heaven [Genesis 1:8],
5. no shrub of the field was yet in the Earth, and no herb of the field had yet sprung up; for YEHVAH Elohiym had not caused it to rain upon the Earth, and there was not a man (Genesis 1:27) to till the ground;
6. but there went up a mist from the Earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. --
7. And YEHVAH Elohiym formed Adam of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and Adam became a living soul.
8. And YEHVAH Elohiym planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put Adam whom He had formed.
9. And out of the ground YEHVAH Elohiym made to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
10. And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from there it was divided, and became four heads.
11. The name of the first is Pishon: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Chavilah, where there is gold;
12. And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13. And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Cush.
14. And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.
15. And YEHVAH Elohiym took Adam, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16. And YEHVAH Elohiym commanded Adam, saying: 'Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17. but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.'
18. And YEHVAH Elohiym purposed: 'It is not good that Adam should be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.' --
19. And out of the ground YEHVAH Elohiym formed all of the human beasts of the country (Genesis 3:1. Yeremiah 12:9. James 3:15. Jude 19. Revelation 13:1,11. 18:2), and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam would call every living creature, that was to be the name thereof.
20. And Adam gave names to all the beasts, and to the fowl of the air, and to all of the human beasts of the country (Genesis 3:1. Yeremiah 12:9. James 3:15. Jude 19. Revelation 13:1,11. 18:2); but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him --
21. And YEHVAH Elohiym caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and He took one of his sides, and closed up the place with flesh instead thereof.
22. And the side, which YEHVAH Elohiym had taken from Adam, He made a woman, and brought her unto Adam.
23. And Adam said: 'This is now bone from my bones, and flesh from my flesh: she shall be called Ishshah [Genesis 3:13], because she was taken from a man.' --
24. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. --
25. And they were both naked, Adam and his wife, and were not ashamed.
1. Now the enchanter [Deuteronomy 18:10. 1 Samuel 11:1] was more crafty [See also 2 Corinthians 12:16; words of the self-confessed "crafty" devil and false apostle 'Paul'] than any human beast (Hebrew: chayyat hasadeh. Genesis 3:20. Yeremiah 12:9. James 3:15. Jude 19. Revelation 13:1,11. 18:2) of the country, which YEHVAH Elohiym had made (Genesis 2:19). And he said unto Ishshah (Genesis 2:23): 'Yea, hath Elohiym said: Ye shall not eat of any tree of the garden?
2. And Ishshah said unto the enchanter: 'Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat;
3. but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, Elohiym hath said: Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.'
4. And the enchanter said unto Ishshah: 'Ye shall not surely die;
5. for Elohiym doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as Elohiym, knowing good and evil.'
6. And when Ishshah saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat; and she gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat.
7. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig-leaves together, and made themselves girdles.
8. And they heard the voice of YEHVAH Elohiym; walking in the garden toward the cool of the day; and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of YEHVAH Elohiym amongst the trees of the garden.
9. And YEHVAH Elohiym called unto Adam, and said unto him: 'Where art thou?'
10. And he said: 'I heard Thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.'
11. And He said: 'Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?'
12. And Adam said: 'Ishshah whom Thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.'
13. And YEHVAH Elohiym said unto Ishshah: 'What is this thou hast done?' And Ishshah said: 'The enchanter seduced me, and I did eat.'
14. And YEHVAH Elohiym said unto the enchanter: 'Because thou hast done this, cursed [art] thou from among every dumb beast, and from among every human beast of the country (Genesis 3:1); upon thy belly shalt thou go, and filthy rubbish (Nehemiah 4:2. Isaiah 65:25) shalt thou eat all the days of thy life [Psalm 44:26 (25). 72:9. Micah 7:17].
15. And I will put enmity between thee and Ishshah, and between thy offspring [Qayin, Chanowkh etc. Genesis 4:1, 17-23. 1 John 3:12] and her offspring [Habel, Sheth etc. Genesis 4:2. 5:3 fwd]; they shall crush your head [Psalm 110:6. Daniel 2:34,44,45. Matthew 4:17. 12:28], and thou shalt bruise their heel.' [Genesis 49:17. Matthew 13:25,39. Acts 8:1. 9:1-2. 21:28. 1 John 3:12. Revelation 18:2].
16. Unto Ishshah He said: 'I will greatly multiply thy pain and thy travail; in pain thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.'
17. And unto Adam He said: 'Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of [Ishshah] thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying: Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground, on account of your doing; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
18. Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field.
19. In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken; for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.'
20. And the man [the enchanter] called his wife's name Chauah; because she was the mother of every [human] beast [Hebrew: chay. See also chayyat hasadeh. Genesis 3:1. Yeremiah 12:9. Psalm 79:2. James 3:15. Jude 19. Revelation 13:1,11. 18:2].
21. And YEHVAH Elohiym made for Adam and for [Ishshah] his wife garments of skins, and clothed them.
22. And YEHVAH Elohiym (He) said: 'Behold, Adam is become as one of us, to know good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.'
23. Therefore YEHVAH Elohiym sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken [Genesis 2:7].
24. So He drove out Adam; and He placed at the east of the garden of Eden the cherubim, and the flaming sword which turned every way, to protect the way to the tree of life.
1. And the man (Genesis 3:1,20. 1 John 3:12) had intercourse with Chauah his wife [Genesis 3:20. 1 John 3:12]; and she conceived and bore Qayin and said 'I have gotten an adversary (Hebrew: iysh. Job 31:35. 1 John 3:12) against YEHVAH'
2. And again was born Habel [to Ishshah. Genesis 2:23. 4:25], his (Qayin) fellow human being. And Habel was a keeper of sheep, but Qayin was a tiller of the ground.
3. And in process of time it came to pass, that Qayin brought from the fruit of the ground an offering unto YEHVAH.
4. And Habel, he also brought from the firstborn ones of his flock and from the finest [A Ram. Ezra 10:19] of them. And YEHVAH had respect unto Habel and to his offering [[Genesis 22:13. Ezra 10:19. Revelation 5:6];
5. but unto Qayin and to his offering He had not respect. And Qayin was very angry, and his countenance fell.
6. And YEHVAH said unto Qayin: 'Why art thou angry? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7. If thou doest well, shall it not be lifted up? and if thou doest not well, sin crouches at the door; and unto thee is his desire ('Luke' 22:31), and thou shall rule in him [Hebrew:bow].'
8. And Qayin purposed [to rule] over Habel his fellow human being. And it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Qayin rose up against Habel his fellow human being, and slew him [Matthew 23:35. 1 John 3:12].
9. And YEHVAH said unto Qayin: 'Where is Habel thy fellow human being?' And he said: 'I know not; am I my fellow human being's keeper?'
10. And He said: 'What hast thou done? the voice of thy fellow human being's blood crieth unto Me from the ground.
11. And now cursed art thou from the ground, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy fellow human being's blood from thy hand.
12. When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a wanderer shalt thou be in the earth.'
13. And Qayin said unto YEHVAH: 'My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14. Behold, Thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the land; and from Thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a wanderer in the earth; and it will come to pass, that whosoever findeth me will slay me.'
15. And YEHVEH said unto him: 'Therefore whosoever slayeth Qayin, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.' And YEHVAH gave an ensign [Hebrew: owth. cf. Psalm 86:17] to Qayin, lest any finding him should smite him.
16. And Qayin went out from the presence of YEHVAH, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
17. And Qayin had intercourse with his wife; and she conceived, and bore Chanowkh; and he builded a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son Chanowkh.
18. And unto Chanowkh was born Irad; and Irad begot Mehuyael; and Mehuyael begot Methushael; and Methushael begot Lamech.
19. And Lamech took unto him two wives; the name of one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.
20. And Adah bore Yabal; he was the father of such as dwell in tents and have cattle.
21. And his brother's name was Yubal; he was the father of all such as handle the harp and pipe.
22. And Zillah, she also bore Tubal-qayin, the forger of every cutting instrument of brass and iron; and the sister of Tubal-qayin was Naamah.
23. And Lamech said unto his wives: Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech; for I have slain a man for wounding me, and a young man for bruising me;
24. If Qayin shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold.
25. And Adam had intercourse with [Ishshah] his wife again; and she bore a son and called his name Sheth [Genesis 5:3. 1 Chronicles 1:1 (which means 'in the place of')]: 'for Elohiym hath appointed to me another child, in place of Habel [Genesis 4:2]; because Qayin killed him.' [Genesis 4:8].
26. And to Sheth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enosh; then began men to call upon the name YEHVAH.
1. This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that Elohiym created mankind [Genesis 1:27. Psalm 89:48 (47)], in the likeness of Elohiym made He it;
2. male and female created He them, and blessed them; and called their name mankind [Psalm 89:48 (47)], in the day when they were created [Genesis 1:27].
3. And Adam lived a hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Sheth [Genesis 4:25. 1 Chronicles 1:1].
4. And the days of Adam after he begot Sheth were eight hundred years; and he begot sons and daughters.
5. And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.
6. And Sheth lived a hundred and five years, and begot Enosh.
7. And Sheth lived after he begot Enosh eight hundred and seven years, and begot sons and daughters.
8. And all the days of Sheth were nine hundred and twelve years; and he died.
9. And Enosh lived ninety years, and begot Kenan.
10. And Enosh lived after he begot Kenan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begot sons and daughters.
11. And all the days of Enosh were nine hundred and five years; and he died.
12. And Kenan lived seventy years, and begot Mahalalel.
13. And Kenan lived after he begot Mahalalel eight hundred and forty years, and begot sons and daughters.
14. And all the days of Kenan were nine hundred and ten years; and he died.
15. And Mahalalel lived sixty and five years, and begot Yared.
16. And Mahalalel lived after he begot Yared eight hundred and thirty years, and begot sons and daughters.
17. And all the days of Mahalalel were eight hundred ninety and five years; and he died.
18. And Yared lived a hundred sixty and two years, and begot Chanowkh ['Enoch'. Yehudah ('Jude') 1:14].
19. And Yared lived after he begot Chanowkh eight hundred years, and begot sons and daughters.
20. And all the days of Yared were nine hundred sixty and two years; and he died.
21. And Chanowkh lived sixty and five years, and begot Methuselah.
22. And Chanowkh walked with HaElohiym after he begot Methuselah three hundred years, and begot sons and daughters.
23 And all the days of Chanowkh were three hundred sixty and five years.
24. And Chanowkh walked with HaElohiym, and he was not; for Elohiym took him.
25. And Methuselah lived a hundred eighty and seven years, and begot Lamech.
26. And Methuselah lived after he begot Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begot sons and daughters.
27. And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years; and he died.
28. And Lamech lived a hundred eighty and two years, and begot a son.
29. And he called his name Noah, saying: 'This same shall comfort us in our work and in the toil of our hands, which cometh from the ground which YEHVAH hath cursed.'
30. And Lamech lived after he begot Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begot sons and daughters.
31. And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years; and he died.
32. And Noah was five hundred years old; and Noah begot Shem, Ham, and Yapheth.
Publication in Progress
Your Enquiries and comments are very welcome to email@example.com
Copyright © 2009 DISCIPLES OF YESHUWA' (yéshûa') THE MESSIAH. All Rights Reserved.